"It All Starts with a Winning Attitude"
Arai SK-6 Karting Helmet
Arai helmet made specifically for the karter
Arai SK-6 Karting Helmet - Using the same shell shape as the GP-6(PED), the SK-6 benefits from all the F1, IndyCar and NASCAR feedback that has lead to the multitude of upgrades, improvements and innovations that have been added to the already long list of features found on the previous SK-5 model. The SK-6 also utilizes the same shield as the GP-6(PED) as well as the same eyeport size. The SK-6 is Snell KA Certifies for Karting use. Constructed using Arai's proprietary "ScLc" (Super Complete Laminated Construction) the SK-6 is incredibly light weight, while providing incredible shell strength and flexibility. A stronger shell allows Arai to use an extremely soft interior EPS liner for maximum comfort and excellent impact energy management. The SK-6, like all Arai SK models, is designed specifically with Karting use in mind, with a brushed Nylon liner for better comfort, breathability and ease of washing.
- Positive shield lock mechanism provides solid shield latching while allowing normal operation of the shield.
- Designed to be an integral component of the shield system and function, not just an add-on afterthought.
- New shield pivot hardware improves aerodynamics.
- Wider eye port for increased peripheral field of view.
- Larger intake and exhaust vents for improved ventilation.
- New "Removable/Replaceable" cheek pad design, allows for custom fitting with optional thicknesses (15mm, 20mm, 25mm, 30mm).
- Cheek pad covers are also removable to allow for easier and more thorough cleaning.