"It All Starts with a Winning Attitude"
Arai GP-6S Helmet
Arai GP-6S Auto Racing Helmet, White
Arai GP-6S Auto Helmet - Using the same shell shape as the GP-6(PED) & GP-6RC, the GP-6S provides a level of affordability while maintaining a host of features and innovations. The GP-6S utilizes the same shield as the GP-6(PED) as well as the same larger eye port size for increased peripheral vision. Using the familiar single intake, single exhaust found on the GP-5k the GP-6S replaces, the forward vent has been enlarged to improve air intake and improve overall ventilation performance. Constructed using proprietary "cLc" (Complex Laminated Construction) the GP-6S maintains light weight, while providing incredible shell strength and flexibility. A stronger shell allows Arai to use an extremely soft interior EPS liner for maximum comfort and excellent impact energy management. The GP-6S, like the GP-5k that came before it, is designed with the sport (hence the "S" designation) driver in mind.
- Positive shield lock mechanism provides solid latching, while allowing normal operation of the shield.
- Designed to be an integral component of the shield system and function, not just an add-on afterthought.
- The simplicity of the function masks the complexity of the design. - A feature taken directly from the new GP-6(PED).
- New shield pivot hardware improves aerodynamics. Wider eye port for increased peripheral field of view.
- Type "6" 3mm shield. Shield, pivot hardware and wider eye port are all the same as used on the new GP-6(PED) model.
- Type "6" components are exclusive to Generation-6 models.
- Large, closeable, intake vent combined with a larger 10mm hole greatly increases air intake.
- Larger 10mm rear vent hole further increases airflow.
- Newly integrated seats for HANS(r) posts.
- Pre-drilled shell to better facilitate proper installation.
- Flat surface to allow anchor post bases to rest flush with the surface of the shell around the entire perimeter of the base.
- Newly sculpted chin bar and ridge along lower edge of shell to improve structural integrity.
- Provides a stronger shell near the opening where it is needed as well as lowers the Center of Gravity. - Rise in shell above the shoulders for added clearance.